Expression Web 3.0 service pack 1.0 is ready and waiting
How do I know if the service pack has installed?
On the Help menu click the ‘About’ selection:
If Expression Web 3 SP1 is not installed, the following version number appears:
(English Langauge) Microsoft Expression Web 3 Version 3.0.1762.0
(Non-English Languages) Microsoft Expression Web 3 Version 3.0.1773.0
If Expression Web 3 SP1 is already installed, the following version number appears:
Microsoft Expression Web 3 Version 3.0.3813.0
What improvements are provided by this service pack?
Add-ins are BACK – lets hope the developers get busy!
Support for root-relative hyperlinks has been fixed, this is great if you are making a WordPress theme and using Expression Web to do it, now you don’t have to hardcode absolute links anymore!
PHP files that do not use the *.php file name extension
Adds support for Drupal and CakePHP template files. Expression Web 3 SP1 now recognizes .module, .install, .inc, and .ctp as valid PHP extensions.
Application color scheme
The black/gray skin has been improved – though the background on the folder list needs to be lighter. Plus you can select Windows colour scheme instead of the default, however the results might not be what you expect. Your Windows colour scheme might work on the rest of Windows, but it won’t always fully reflect what you expect within Expression Web, on balance I prefer my Windows colour scheme on Windows, and not the white out I get in Expression Web, so its back to the default black/gray for me. If you want to do some experimenting then go to Tools – Application Options – and tick ‘Use your current Windows colour scheme’.
Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 META tag and Web Slice support
New Code snippets include:
- Meta tags specific to IE8
- Web Slice code sample
To access them either press Ctrl+Enter in Code view or go to the Tools menu – Page Editor Options – Code Snippets
What issues are resolved in this service pack?
- When you use the Undo feature and multiple tasks were undone.
- After draging an image from the Folder List panel into the Code view of a page a invalid link is generated.
- Enables you to select text in the Design view of a page more easily and more accurately.
- Nonstandard or corrupted fonts that are installed on your computer caused a crashing issue.
- Tags that begin with <?php are renamed after you rename a file.
- Japanese characters are altered.
- The source file is deleted after you copy a file from one instance of Expression Web 3.0 and then paste the file into another instance of Expression Web 3.0.
- Restores the ability to drag files into a selected folder in the Folder List panel.
- Enables connections to each destination without restarting the application when multiple publishing destinations are specified on the same FTP server and when only the user credentials are different for those destinations.
- Workflow between Expression Web and Team Foundation Server has had several problems fixed.
- Shows the correct file status in Publishing view after you publish a site.
- Updates the file status and publishing log when you use the Publish Selected Files command to publish one or more files. Plus, the publishing progress is displayed in the Publishing Status panel.
- Several fixes that make sure that pages accurately display in SuperPreview.
Find and Replace Bug
This was a bug inExpression Web 2.0 and 1.0 and in 3.0 before the service pack however this is now fixed.
In the Find and Replace Dialog box in the HTML Tags Tab, when using any tag such as for example Font in the Find Tag: drop down box, and using Remove Tag for the Replace Action: drop down box and replacing said font tags, instead of the font tags being removed, when the font tags are around a hyperlink, the hyperlink is removed, if you then apply the Replace action the font tag is removed but at the expense of the hyperlink.
What issues are not resolved in this service pack?
Doctypes and Thumbnails
This is a bug that has not yet been addressed if this happens to you, then please add your comments.
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP Service Pack 3